Last Updated on
HOW FELT LAST WEEK WENT
Rich – either 5 or 8 can’t decide so call it 6.5
Ben – 5
- We have 5 new slack members and we welcome Amaury, Alice, Brent, Ryan & Nigel
- Now up to 73 members in our slack room and it’s free to join for the first 100.
(01:40) WHAT ARE THE BEST ONLINE BUSINESS MODELS FOR BOOTSTRAPPING TO 7 FIGS +?
- Ben Herbert from Natural Stacks (north of $90k/m?)
- Dan / Ian from Tropical MBA with theportablebarcompany.com
Infoproducts / membership sites / courses
- didgeridoodojo.com – Brendan Tully
- hdpiano.com – only $30k/m – Sean Lee
- paleoleap.com – $150k/m
- FluentInThreeMonths.com – Benny Lewis (averaging about 670k visits per month, selling $97 lifetime access to a course. At a 2% conversion rate, that’s about $1.3MM/m)
- Superfastbusiness.com – James Schramko – aiming for 8 figs with large team out in Philippines
- wpcurve.com – $64k on the last income report
- @buggy – “… there seems to be a cap around the $500k/year mark unless you start growing a team. I could name a bunch in the $400-$600k/year range. But beyond that it’s difficult.”
- Rob Walling with Drip?
- 37signals / Basecamp (easily doing a few million annually)
- Envato – paid out $180m to publishers last year, revenue has to be significant
- Empire Flippers – Justin & Joe
- App Sumo – Noah Kagan (Rich mentioned buzzsumo, meant sumome)
- SmartPassiveIncome.com – Pat Flynn – $123k in April
17:15 – Pat Flynn’s Back To The Future recreation
- Matthewwoodward.co.uk – SEO – $26k april 2015
- Quicksprout.com – Neil Patel
- Boostblogtraffic.com – Jon Marrow
- Rainmaker/CopyBlogger.com – Brian Clark
- MarieForleo.com – memerbship course sells couple k – Doing about $12m/y
- socialtriggers.com – Derek Halpern
(20:20) QUICK UPDATE
Wrote a bit more for the book, though it’s still not done yet. I need to complete one additional example, and it should be ready to go. I’ve been rushing to get this thing done, but patience is a virtue. Heavily researched course content for this podcast. I’ve begun putting together an outline for a video course. I propose that we setup something like labs.bootstrapduel.com and start building a library of courses.
Wrote a 5 part email series using the standard drip template (which is awesome) and now just need to record video for squeeze page and run fb ads to it. Have turned off adwords. Been doing research into a niche site I’m gonna be building out in the fitness space fuelled by an awesome empire flippers podcast on lifestyle Larry’s made me realise i’m missing out on amazon affiliate checks. Also been researching into membership sites as I think the elearning model is one of the best online businesses models but will focus on what me & ben are up to for the podcast first. Need to come up with strong brand name as that’s now a significant google ranking factor.
NEXT WEEK IN 30 SECONDS
Ben – This week I’ll try to drop a PDF of the outline into the slack room and see what people think. Working towards launching my product. Hopefully soon!
Rich – outside of building a lead gen agency (didn’t say the c word) my bootstrap week is setting up the facebook ad campaign for the unbreak yourself book a niche site and writing the first couple of product reviews & how to articles.