Last Updated on
SCALE 1/10 HOW DID YOU FEEL THE LAST WEEK WENT
Rich – 6 – figured a ton out about focus / customer segments
Ben – 4 – overworked and underpaid, starting to feel like an employee again
- We’re now up to 27 members and it’s free to join for the first 100 – sign up at bootstrapduel.com/subscribe
- We asked the question in our #episodefeedback channel what people thought about bringing other people on who are making more than us onto the show to help / beat us up? People seemed up for that but don’t worry this won’t turn into an interview format.
- Been all over the place with too many businesses, websites and email accounts (checks 8-9 every day) so has taken 2 days to do some deep thinking about what type of business and company wants to build and what type of customers wants to attract.
- Going forward he only wants 1x productized service and 1x value based consulting agency
- With productized that’s likely going to be accountantengine.com where he’s restructured the packages to be just leadpage & PPC management that he hosts / owns
- With value-based that’s Reasonably Digital focussed on 3 market segments of B2B, 3rd sector organisations (as background is in that space) and shopify build / marketing (as have built and managed his own sites and sites for customers before and is about to relaunch an iphone panorama print business). With web projects will work out the expected ROI from the changes and price on the value.
- Been doing effective local networking / business breakfast events – always pick up at least 2 leads.
- Raised rates for my current client – simply asked for more!
- Made a few phone calls this week, had trouble getting past the gatekeeper
- Ben is becoming a PPC ninja – has applied for API access and have been automating certain tasks with scripts. Also setup some wizardry with Adwords & Twilio to track conversions and then record events in Google Analytics. One of the ideas that he’s validating is based around creating an Adwords campaign and corresponding landing page with the press of a button
- More client work – wrote two more email sequences, optimizing landing pages, and in the early stages, appears to be working because his phone is ringing more
NEXT WEEK IN 30 SECONDS (ISH)
Rich – creating a local LI group for B2B business, more local networking and more outreach selling better lead gen / PPC outcomes.
Ben – more client work, more idea validation, more experiments